What is in the news?
Today, Google has just ended its annual I/O event with a wide range of products and updates. The Google I/O conference is crammed with valuable information for developers and consumers alike, including announcements about new products, new services, and other interesting information.
What is Google I/O?
Google I/O (or simply I/O) is an annual developer conference held by Google in Mountain View, California. “I/O” stands for Input/Output, as well as the slogan “Innovation in the Open”.
The event’s format is similar to Google Developer Day.
Announcements and Highlights
- Google’s budget phone Pixel 6A will still cost $449 and will feature the Tensor chip in the Pixel 6. It’s not clear if it will come to India or not.
- Pixel earbuds pro, wireless earbuds feature active noise cancellation. They’ll cost $199, and both the product Pixel 6A and Pixel earbuds pro will arrive on July 21. Pixel Buds Pro claims to offer 11 hours of battery life without ANC and 7 hours with ANC.
- Google’s first smartwatch, the Pixel Watch will run Wear OS and incorporate Fitbit features like sleep tracking, heart rate monitoring, and other exercise tracking capabilities.
- Pixel Watch will come with Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro.
- Google says that it will launch its first Pixel tablet in 2023.
- Android 13 was the hottest topic in today’s event. Users are wildly waiting for the update and it will come soon. Android 13 beta will be available starting today.
- With Android 13, users will be able to use different apps in different languages.
Security and personal data
As part of Google’s new privacy initiatives, the company released a technology toolkit that changes how, when, and where the data is processed to ensure its privacy and security.
In the coming months, Google said it will make it easier for people to request the removal of search results that consist of personal contact information such as phone numbers, home addresses, and email addresses. It will be available on the Google app. Alternatively, users will also be able to access it by clicking the three dots next to individual Google Search results.
The Google I/O 2022 event is live-streamed via the company’s official YouTube channel at 10:30 PM. You can also watch the stream for all the updates.