How you can make your content link-worthy, with email outreach templates.
You wrote down a perfect article, followed all the necessary steps requires to get a backlink from the site owner. You have email outreached tons of site owners requesting to link to your site. But what happens… they ignored it!
Trust me, we know that feeling. That’s how we started out with Guest postings. In this article, we are going to break down steps to convince website owners to link out to your website.
STEP1: What problem does your content help their audience solve?
Whenever you create new content with the purpose of outreach, always ask yourself this question. If your content does not help them solve anything, probably you are not going to get a link. Do a little researchof that particular site and check for their article patterns, what topic they mainly focus on, and how you can come up with something more unique and interesting?
This leads to our second point…
STEP2: What differentiates your content from other pieces of content out there on the same topic?
Keep this in mind, there are billion-plus bogs on the internet, so much content that content overloads on every topic, even on boring topics there are millions of articles on the internet. So, the question is how you can stand out?
These 4 steps can help:
- Write catchy headlines that will act as a CTA.
- Use the Crazy Egg heat mapping tool to see the scannability of your headlines and subheadlines (and other content).
- Post Infographics!
- Research more before actually writing.
STEP3: Is your content more up-to-date than another piece of content that they’re linking out to?
As we have mentioned above there are over a billion blogs available on the internet. If yours isn’t more up-to-date, you’re not going to rank as well.
Make a routine to check out your old blogs, and update them timely.
For more information and tips, check out How to update old blogs for SEO?
STEP4: Fix broken links
Check is there a broken link that your content piece could replace? If someone’s linking to someone and that link is broken, what does it do?
Creates a terrible experience.
It’s like, “Bro, this site’s linking out to other people that don’t even exist.”
Telling that person to fix it, they’ll appreciate it.
Now here’s some do’s and don’ts when it comes to convincing website owners to link out to your website:
- Don’t beg like a puppy. Your content is great, your product’s amazing! Have that confidence.
- Don’t pretend that you came across their content. Let them know you search for it, and you’re looking for broken links, and that they should replace it because it’s a terrible experience.
- Don’t use outreach templates without modifying them to your own voice.
- Do find the right person to use visual content. People love visual content. The easiest way we get links is through videos and infographics, other than tools that’ll be able to make this decision.
- Do use data to back up your content. People don’t want to just link to an article, they want to link to stats, data, to help emphasize their points and make them look like an expert.
- Remember E-A-T
STEP5: Backlink Analysis
Now here’s our last tip for you, and this works exceptionally, exceptionally well.
Go to SEOVERSEs FREE SEO ANALYSIS, type in your domain, and check for the backlinks report.
We will send you a complete analysis of your backlink profile including all the referring domains, anchors, referring IPs, internal backlinks, broken links, and many more.
5 Email Outreach Templates for backlinks
In this section we are going to present you the various types of emails you can use for outreaching.
Use (your own) Emails
People usually don’t encourage receiving any outreach email which is copied from a template, but templates are a real-time saver if you can use them properly.
Here are the 5 best email templates for free that you can use to get backlinks…
1. Infographic Reach out Template
2. Broken Link Building Template
3. Resource Page Template
4. Linked to Similar Resource
5. Pre-promotion Template
If you follow these steps properly you can get high authority backlinks in just no time. Moreover, just don’t copy and paste these templates because it won’t make any sense if you do so.
Remember these steps for future use:
- Review and edit.
- Keep your Subject as short as possible.
- Don’t fake your work, use more figures and values.
- Don’t follow up more than twice.
I have 5+ Years of experience in SEO, Digital Marketing, Web Development. I talk about Data Science, AI, and many more.